Serving at BFMC
There are so many ways to get
involved with serving, here are just a few!
We need a thousand things every day.
We have big and small needs. Sometimes, people around us see our needs before we do. The real treasure is when we act on what we see. We shoot a text message to the co-worker who had a tough day, or move the elderly neighbor’s trash can.
A good measure of our spiritual health is our depth of concern for other people. As we allow the Gospel to change our hearts, we develop a deep care for other people.
The church is us- people who love Jesus and serve others by parking cars, holding babies, praying for others, or pouring coffee. God changes us, and in this, He weaves a beautiful relationship between both working in us and through us.
Welcome Center Greeter
Commitment: 1-2 Sunday morning per month through August 2023 at 9:30 am service.
Role: welcome new attenders or those with questions before and after service. Training is provided.
Skills- enjoy working around people, friendly with a smile, safety awareness
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Early Childhood Teachers & Assistants
- Commitment: 1-2x per month through August 2023 at 9:30 am service, background check required
- Role: Curriculum is provided. Teachers or assistants to lead children for fun, games, a faith lesson, snack, craft and lots of giggles.
- Skills- enjoy spending time with our youngest BFMC’ers as we start to teach them about God’s love.
- For more information contact Katrina Tinkous at email@example.com
Adventure Zone Assistant
- Commitment: 1-2x per month through August 2023 during the 9:30 am service, background check required
- Role: Join Mr. Mike and Mrs. Cindy in AZ. We are looking for adults that will work on creating positive relationships with children as they walk through the Bible.
- Skills: enjoying spending time with children in grades 1-5 as they go on a lively, sensory rich adventurous through the Bible that
- For more information contact Mike at mike.proud@brockportfm.
Adventure Zone Producer/AV Tech
- Commitment: Sunday morning 9:00 am – 10:45 am. Possible to split weekly positions between multiple volunteers. We will train you! Job shadowing is available. Background check is required for anyone over age 18.
- Role: set up of tech equipment, play music videos during lessons, start/end AZ Livestream to Facebook group
- Skills- basic computer skills, familiarity with Facebook, enjoy being around children, attention to detail
- For more questions or to sign up please contact Mike.firstname.lastname@example.org
Small Group Leaders
- Commitment: Fall 2023 Sesson
- Role: Plan and lead a Bible or topical study for the fall
- Skills: feel comfortable talking in front of a small group of people (in person or online), friendly, enjoy learning and walking through life with a group of friends. Help will be provided to get you started out.
- For more information contact Pastor Penny Norton at penny.norton@brockportfm.
Kids Serving Commercial!
To know Christ and make Him known
by loving God and loving people.